Get answers to the most frequently asked questions brought to you by iQ designs.
What services do you provide?
For a complete description of the services we provide, please visit our Services
page. In a nutshell, we provide the services below:
- Interior Design
- Project Management
- Construction and Installation
Do you offer custom options?
- Yes, many of our services from upholstery to bedding and draperies can be customized to your taste. We also sell ready-made retail items as well.
Can I return something if I change my mind?
- Most ready-made or off-the- shelf products may be returned with a restocking fee, although this depends on the manufacturer's policy.
- Unfortunately, custom orders are fixed and may not be cancelled. These unique orders require extra time, special products, and skilled craftsmanship.
Do I have to make my purchases through iQ designs?
- No, the design fee and the purchase fee are separate items.
- For custom residential jobs, a design fee of $125 per hour will be charged. If you decide to purchase through us, we will credit this design fee toward your purchase.
- For large, multi-unit jobs such as condos and hotels, we have a fee schedule. This can range from $5,000 to $20,000 depending on the scope of the job. Some or all of this design fee will be waived if you purchase through us.
How do I schedule a consultation or place an order?
- Call us locally at 843.839.1170
- Visit our Contact Us page and send us a message.
How long will it take to receive the items for my hotel or residential project?
- LIGHTING - In stock items take 1 week to 10 days. Custom orders and back orders can take 12-14 weeks.
- CASEGOODS - In stock items can take 1 week to 10 days. Domestic orders can take as little as 6-8 weeks. Overseas orders take 12-14 weeks.
- SEATING - In stock items can take 1 week to 10 days. Domestic orders can take as little as 6-8 weeks. Overseas orders take 12-14 weeks.
- ARTWORK & MIRRORS - In stock items can take 1 week to 10 days. Custom orders and back orders can take 6-8 weeks.
- CARPET & FLOORING - In stock items generally take 2 weeks. Back orders take 8-10 weeks.
- MATTRESSES - Small orders can be filled as quickly as a few days. Larger orders generally take 6-8 weeks.
- BED BASES - Small orders can be filled as quickly as a few days. Larger orders generally take 2-3 weeks.
- ALWAYS ASK YOUR SALES REP! THESE LEAD TIMES ARE ONLY ESTIMATES AND WE CAN USUALLY EXPEDITE ORDERS!
I am not sure what is specified for my hotel. Can iQ designs help me?
- Yes, we have relationships with most hotel companies and can download the required specifications for you, provide an estimate and fulfill these requirements.
I have an independent hotel or my hotel company tells me my specifications are "designers choice." Can iQ designs assist me?
- We have 3 in-house designers that can select all furniture and finishes for you and create custom specifications. We also assist with submittals.
How can I pay?
- We currently accept two forms of payment - credit card and checks. We do not charge a fee to process credit card payments.
- To confirm and process your order, we require a signed estimate and a 50% deposit. The balance is due before the order is shipped.
- Any orders under $5,000 need to be paid in full in advance.
Are there minimum order quantities?
- No, but some items are packaged, produced, or shipped in fixed quantities.
I do not need my order right away. Can iQ designs store my order?
- We do not provide storage. We will work with you to make sure we ship your order when you need it. If you need to store items, we suggest you rent warehouse space near your hotel, or rent containers that can be stored and accessed on site.
Does iQ designs do custom residential work? I need to redo my condo?
- iQ designs does custom residential. However, for a condo, sometimes it is better to purchase one of our stock designs that we use on large scale jobs. If your building is scheduled for renovation, you will get a better price on your interior goods when we buy in volume.
Do I have to buy everything at once?
- No. One of our designers can put together a comprehensive design for you and list out all of the items needed to execute the design. You can purchase the components as your budget allows. However, there may be additional delivery fees.
Why hire an interior designer?
- Every project presents challenges, from poor color scheme choice, to lack of space, to improving traffic flow, and thanks to years of experience dealing with these kinds of problems, we can provide well-informed solutions.
- Designers have more resources, when it comes to local and national manufacturers. We can help you with items unavailable to most customers.
- We are well-connected, and as a result, our knowledgeable designers work with the best workrooms, carpenters, and painters to ensure that the price matches the quality of work.
- Interior designers can help you set priorities and the allocation of your budget, so as to assign the most efficient way to spend the money now, as well as plan for future stages of your project.